The deadline for Exeter Contemporary Open 2019 has now passed and the submissions process is now closed. The selected artists will be announced in early July and the exhibition will run from 20 September – 10 November 2019.
Call Out For Entries - Deadline Now Passed
We are now inviting submissions from UK artists for the 2019 Exeter Contemporary Open.
Application deadline: Mon 17 Jun
Selected artists announced: July
The exhibition will run from 20 September – 10 November 2019 and is open to contemporary visual artists working in any media including; painting, sculpture, photography, print, drawing, video, mixed and digital media. Artists should make submissions that reflect their current practice and the selection panel will particularly be looking for work that addresses current themes and concerns in contemporary practice.
‘It's a rare thing for an exhibition and opening to have been put together this well. For me, the best part of these things is when I arrive at a preview and am able to really connect with the other exhibitors, and the people behind making the show happen. It's all about having conversations and making connections which go on to influence my work and might lead to future collaborations. Exeter Contemporary Open has delivered on the whole experience.'
- Artist Paul Merrick, joint winner of Exeter Contemporary Open 2015
Option 1: Apply online
Option 2: Apply by post
Find guidelines here here >>
Complete online payment of the single application fee of £20 (£15 for students) to submit up to 4 artworks.
Please make note of your Paypal payment receipt number, you will need it to complete your application form.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM BELOW
Option 2: Apply By Post
DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM
POST ENTRY PACK AND PAYMENT
Post your entry to Exeter Contemporary Open, Exeter Phoenix, Exeter, Devon, EX4 3LS
Your complete entry pack should include:
- Your completed application form
- Payment of £20 (cheques payable to Exeter Phoenix Ltd).
- A short statement about you and your work (up to 500 words).
- A USB stick or CD / DVD containing up to three images of each artwork and / or moving image artworks. For further image guidelines, refer to the application guidelines above.
- A stamped, self addressed envelope if you wish to have your submission materials returned to you.